1) How much padding is in front of shin sleeve? 5mm, most companies only use 1mm or 3mm. If you ever rope climbed, deadlift, box jumped or bump, scrapped or hurt your shin, 5mm is exactly what you need!
2) Where is the right part to measure around my calf?You want to measure around the biggest part of your calf.
3) I only use one sleeve for rope climbs, do these come in single or in pairs?You can buy Bear Grips Shin Sleeves in either a single sleeve or as a pair of sleeves. A pair is most common for OCR, deadlifts, box jumps and even rope climbs, but you have the option to choose what you need.
4) How do I wash these?You would flip inside out. It is best to hand wash with hand soap or laundry detergent then air dry. You can machine wash on a low cycle and in cold water and tumble dry in the dryer with no heat.
5) Are these leg specific?No, they are not leg specific, you can wear any sleeve on any shin.
6) Will I feel zipper if rope climbing? You won't even know zipper is there when you workout, it will have no effect on the lift and will not cause any discomfort.